The health and wellness of your student while away at school is fundamental to the success of their higher education experience. Even if your student has medical insurance under a PPO, HMO or Medicaid Plan, a Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) may still be a good choice for your student and your family.
Consider the following information to make an informed decision:
- SHIPs offer comprehensive coverage with lower deductibles, copayments, out-of-pocket maximums and premiums;*
- Students may run into issues using other health plans while at school;
- A SHIP is designed to "wrap around" campus Student Health/Counseling/Athletic Services to provide the best access to primary and preventative healthcare;
- In some cases, students may be able to use Financial Aid to purchase a SHIP;
- SHIPs include Travel Assistance Coverage which guarantees coverage through the year, including summer vacation and even while traveling or studying abroad; and
- A SHIP is purchased through the college or university at preferred pricing.
For more information or to enroll in a Student Health Insurance Plan, please visit www.gallagherstudent.com.
*When compared to the options (i.e., Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Catastrophic) offered through a state or federal marketplace.