Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk specializes in meeting the sports and special risk insurance needs of intercollegiate, club and intramural athletic programs for colleges and universities of all sizes. Our in-depth knowledge of the sports insurance industry and college/university athletic programs allows us to provide our clients with the highest level of service.
As a provider of student medical insurance programs, we have a level of expertise in coordinating sports benefits with existing student medical plans that is unmatched in the insurance industry. Our excellent customer service allows us to assist our clients in evaluating their specific insurance needs and customizing an insurance program that provides the correct coverage they require.
Who should consider purchasing this type of insurance?
This product is ideal for college and university athletic/risk management departments, as well as for those who coordinate camps, clinics and tournaments.
Our superior industry knowledge allows us to assist our clients in evaluating their specific insurance needs and customizing a sports insurance program that provides the most appropriate coverage for their athletes. Our constant monitoring of NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA regulations allows us to ensure that our clients always have coverage that meets or exceeds all relevant Association Insurance requirements.
- Basic Accident Medical coverage for intercollegiate, club or intramural sports
- Catastrophic Accident Medical coverage for intercollegiate, club or intramural sports up to $5 million per incident
- High-limit accidental death and dismemberment benefits up to $250,000 per incident with up to a $20 million aggregate maximum
- Accident and liability coverage for camps and clinics
- Coverage for adult/child recreational teams and leagues
- Special one-time event coverage available for tournaments
- Coverage also extends to coaches, managers, trainers and volunteers
- Fully-insured and self-funded options
What can you expect?
- Preliminary and ongoing insurance needs assessment analysis
- Toll-free support line and customer service center
- Comprehensive account management and client service
- Complete management of the claims process from start to finish
- Maximum discounts on paid claims through participation in national networks
- Electronic and printed insurance materials including staff insurance handbook, policy brochures and insurance information cards
- Staff training and regular updates on federal and state insurance regulations
Benefits to Your Institution
- No rosters required for mandatory plans
- Complete account management services to make the insurance process simple and seamless for your organization
- Superior claims service, including toll-free customer service number and online claims status
- Quarterly claims utilization reports
- Customized insurance plans to meet the needs of your institution
- Ability to offer either a fully-insured program or self-insured retention program
- Protection to the General Liability Policy