Health Careers Scholarship Program
The Application Period for the 2015 Health Careers Scholarship Program is now CLOSED (as of 5/9/2015).
- All applicants will be notified by postal mail in late July as to the status of their application. Please do not call regarding your application.
- In order to be notified when the 2016 Scholarship application is released (early March), please enter your e-mail in the box to the right.
- If you are interested in applying in 2016, you may reference the information below to find out about the Program. Please note that this information may change for 2016.
Before You Begin
Please note that you cannot save your work and come back to the application, it must be sent immediately after filling out. In order to maintain your security, your session will time out after 1 hour of inactivity.
In order to fill out the application, you will need to have the following information available:
- Your contact information for Summer 2015
- Information about your current school, degree program, and anticipated graduation date
- Financial Advisor Name/Phone/E-mail, or contact information for your school's Financial Aid Office
- Information on the Financial Aid that you are currently eligible to receive & the projected amount you will receive for the upcoming year
- Description of your academic career
- Civic/Community Organizations you belong to (3)
- An essay describing you, your interests, your reasons for pursuing a career in healthcare and how the scholarship would help you to achieve your goals. Your essay must be uploaded in a Word document or PDF. Approximate length - 500 words, no more than 2 double-spaced pages.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, so please do not begin filling out until you have all necessary information available.
YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT CONSIDERED COMPLETE UNTIL ALL OTHER ITEMS ARE MAILED TO GALLAGHER STUDENT HEALTH & SPECIAL RISK.
All items below need to be mailed and received before the deadline in order to complete your application:
Financial Aid Form
Available to be downloaded from the main scholarship page. This document MUST be filled out by a Financial Aid representative from your school. If you are selected as a potential winner, this information WILL be verified. Please contact your school's Financial Aid Department if you are unsure who to have fill this out.
Two Letters of Recommendation
At least one letter must be from a Professor or Faculty Advisor.
An OFFICIAL copy (not a photocopy) of your most recent transcript from the Registrar's Office at your school. Students who have transferred must provide transcripts that show work from all previous institutions.
ALL OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS ARE TO BE MAILED TO:
Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk
500 Victory Road
Quincy MA 02171
The Application Period for the 2015 Health Careers Scholarship Program is now CLOSED (as of 5/9/15).
Notify Me When the 2016 Scholarship Application is Released: