The Application Period for the Health Careers Scholarship Program is now CLOSED.
- Applicants will not receive notification of the status of their application after the Scholarship application deadline has closed. This is due to the volume of applications we receive. Winners are generally selected and notified in June/July.
Before You Begin
Please note that you cannot save your work and come back to the application, it must be sent immediately after filling out. In order to maintain your security, your session will time out after 1 hour of inactivity.
In order to fill out the application, you will need to have the following information available:
- Your contact information for Summer 2018
- Information about your current school, degree program, and anticipated graduation date
- Financial Advisor Name/Phone/E-mail, or contact information for your school's Financial Aid Office
- Information on the Financial Aid that you are currently eligible to receive & the projected amount you will receive for the upcoming year
- Description of your academic career
- Civic/Community Organizations you belong to (3)
Incomplete applications will not be considered, so please do not begin filling out until you have all necessary information available.
Your application is not considered complete until all other items are mailed in a complete packet to Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk.
All items below need to be mailed and received before the deadline in order to complete your application:
EssayAn essay describing you, your interests, your reasons for pursuing a career in healthcare and how the scholarship would help you to achieve your goals. Please note that essays must remain under 500 words and attached essays must include your name, school and online application confirmation number. This written submission is a very important component of the selection process. The submission is used by the Scholarship Board of Directors to distinguish among many worthy candidates, so your thoughtful insights and perspectives are critical.
Financial Aid Form
This document MUST be filled out by a Financial Aid representative from your school. If you are selected as a potential winner, this information WILL be verified. Please contact your school's Financial Aid Department if you are unsure who to have fill this out.
Two Letters of Recommendation
At least one letter must be from a Professor or Faculty Advisor, and no family references. Letters must be written on the establishment's letterhead.
Official copy transcript(s) from the Registrar's Office of each school attended. Students who have transferred must provide transcripts that show work from all previous institutions.
All of the above documents are to be mailed to:
Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk
500 Victory Road
Quincy MA 02171