Welcome Northern Essex Community College Students
This site has been designed especially for you to provide information about health insurance.
If you are enrolled in 9 or more credits, and already covered by a health insurance plan that is comparable to the plan offered by Gallagher Student, then you may waive the insurance premium by completing an Online Health Insurance Waiver on the College's website. You will find instructions below.
If you are not already covered, and you are enrolled in 9 or more credits, Massachusetts state law requires that you purchase health insurance.
On this site you can:
- Download a plan brochure or Frequently Asked Questions, by clicking on "My Benefits & Plan Information" to the left
- Look for participating providers
- Learn more about plan enhancements available to you
- Email Gallagher Student or engage in live chat using the "Live Help" icon
- Click on "Account Home" to view your personal coverage information, edit your primary address, or generate an ID card.
Instructions for Online Health Insurance Waiver
To waive the health insurance premium you will need the following information, most of which should be found on your current health insurance ID card:
- The Insurance Company Name
- Your Group Number/Policy Number
- Subscriber's Name (Policyholder's Name)
- Relationship of Student to Subscriber: Self, Parent, Spouse, Other
When you have this information, you are ready to complete the waiver.
- Log onto the College's website at www.necc.mass.edu.
- Click on the icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Log in, using your myNECC ID and password.
- Click on the My Information tab.
- Under My Account, click on Waive My Health Insurance.
- Complete all the required information; if any is missing, your waiver will not be accepted.
- Click submit.
You should receive a message that reads: "We have successfully received your health insurance waiver information."
If this is your fist time using the system, your Password is your date of birth (mmddyyyy format). You will be prompted to change your Password after your first login.
Problems with the Logon? Call the NECC IT Service Desk at 978.556.3111
Important:The Online Waiver is the only accepted method to waive insurance premium and coverage.
Protect what's yours.
The Value We Offer
Our plans are customized specifically for students, to ensure your experience on campus is a healthy, happy one.
The Application Period for the 2016 Health Careers Scholarship Program is now CLOSED (as of 5/7/2016).
Notify Me When the 2017 Scholarship Application is Released:
Going to the dentist may not be your idea of fun.
We just make it easier. Learn More
- Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk
500 Victory Road, Quincy, MA 02171
CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE