Quick Links

Welcome California Baptist University Students

Attention Fall Students: The deadline to submit the 2018-2019 California Baptist University Annual Waiver Form is September 18, 2018.

This site has been designed especially for you to provide information about the Student Health Insurance Plan.

Health Insurance is required for the following student populations:

  • All traditional undergraduate students at CBU enrolled for 7 or more units.
  • All Nursing Students (Graduate, OPS, and Undergraduate)
  • Graduate Students in the Athletic Training, Physician Assistant and Speech Language Pathology programs

Students from these populations are automatically charged for and enrolled on the medical insurance provided through United Healthcare Student Resources. Benefit and plan information, provider look-up and pharmacy information are located on this website.

Students from these populations who have their own insurance or are covered through their parents can choose to "opt out" of the student insurance plan by completing the online Waiver form listed as "Student Waive" under the menu on the left of this page. Once a student is enrolled, the fee is non-refundable.

International Students – (Graduate and Undergraduate) are automatically enrolled in the student insurance plan and are required to purchase the Student Health Insurance offered though United Healthcare Student Resources. International Students do not have the option to “opt out” of the student insurance plan.

Graduate, OPS and Part-time Students - CBU does not offer insurance to Graduate, OPS, and Part-time students (with the exception of Graduate Athletic Training, Physician Assistant and Speech Language Pathology students, Nursing students and International students)

Personal Property Insurance - In addition to health insurance, another insurance option you will find on this site is personal property insurance. For a small fee, students, faculty and staff can insure against loss resulting from theft, water, earthquake, vandalism and even accidental damage of personal property to include computers, cell phones, bikes, etc. Click on "Personal Property" on the right hand side of the page to find out more.

Coming Soon! SilverCloud Health

As part of your Student Health Insurance Plan, you will have access to SilverCloud online behavioral health support. Please click the following link to download more information about SilverCloud Health.

Learn More about SilverCloud Health