If you currently do not have a Student Health Insurance Program on campus, please keep the following in mind:
- Student Health Insurance Programs provide access to affordable health insurance for students. According to the Chronicle of Higher Education, the largest group (approximately 30%) of the 46 million uninsured population is age 19-29.
- Student Health Insurance Programs reimburse medical expenses incurred regionally, nationally or internationally outside of the Student Health Center.
- Customized coverage can be obtained to address specific institution concerns, i.e. intercollegiate sports, domestic partners, emergency medical evacuation and travel assistance.
- Student Health Insurance Programs assist in student retention due to available health insurance (that can be used on a confidential basis) to treat unexpected health problems.
- Students without health insurance don't seek proper health care; this impacts the Public Health Community