Instructions to Waive or Enroll
During the designated Waiver/Enrollment periods Lesley University will post an online insurance selection form. This form allows students to declare their intention to waive or enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan. This form must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Go to: http://www.lesley.edu/LOIS
- Click on 'Health Insurance', located under 'Financial Information'.
- Have your current health insurance identification (ID) card ready as you will need this information in order to waive the Lesley University insurance charge.
- Once you complete the waiver information, you will receive a confirmation email which you should retain for your records.
- If you would like to accept the insurance, enter 'A' for accept. You will receive an email confirming your acceptance.
It is recommended that all students submit an online insurance selection form, whether enrolling or waiving.
Making Your DecisionStudent Health Insurance Plans offer tremendous value. Student Health Insurance Plans will typically have lower out-of-pocket costs (copayments, deductibles, coinsurance) than group health plans or individual plans found in the general insurance market or through a State's Marketplace, and are offered at a lower premium. It may even be that the cost of 12-months of coverage for a student health insurance plan is less than the amount of an employer group's annual deductible.
If you want to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan, the form must be completed and submitted by the deadline date indicated on your school website. If the form is not submitted, the student will be enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan.
If you would like to enroll in the student Health Insurance Plan, enter "A" for accept on your form.
Before you make a decision to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan, we strongly suggest you read the 'To waive or not to waive' and 'Value of Student Health Insurance Plans' sections on this page. These will provide valuable information to help make an informed decision regarding the health insurance options for your child.
Quick Points To Consider
- Make sure your current plan will cover your son or daughter while at school for care beyond emergency services - doctor's office visits, diagnostic testing, x-rays, prescription drugs, mental health visits, etc.
- Check to be sure your current health plan's provider network includes doctors and hospitals near campus.
- Look at your plan costs -- is the annual cost of the Student Plan less expensive than the cost of having your son or daughter as a dependent on your plan. Be sure to compare deductibles and total out-of-pocket costs, not just the annual premium.
- Are there administrative pre-requirements, pre-certification, or Primary Care Physician referrals required under your current plan that may delay receipt of care for your daughter or son
If the decision is made to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan, it is important to have a copy of your current health insurance ID card and a description of your plan's benefits readily available as you will need this information to complete the waiver form.
It is the goal of Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk and Lesley University to make sure all students have access to medical care while they pursue their academic endeavors. Regardless of your decision to enroll in or waive the Student Health Insurance Plan, we wish you and your student a healthy and safe academic year.
Health Careers Scholarship
THE HEALTH CAREERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN.
The deadline for submitting your online application is: May 8, 2015Learn More