Instructions to Waive or Enroll
During the designated Enrollment/Waiver periods Gallagher Student Health will post an online "Waiver" and "Enrollment" form. These forms allow students to declare their intention to waive or enroll in the student health insurance plan. This form must be submitted by the posted deadline.
If it is your intent to enroll in the student health insurance plan, it is strongly recommended you complete the online form as soon as possible. Doing so assures your student has access to benefits on the effective date of the policy.To access the waiver and enrollment forms you must login to the student's online account. As a courtesy, Gallagher Student Health will create online accounts for students who are eligible for enrollment in the student health insurance plan. Eligibility requirements are outlined in the FAQ document located in the "My Benefits and Plan Information" tab in the left-hand navigation menu.
Logging InAttention Parents, using the Connecticut College e-mail address and Student ID, please work with your student to log in to the system by following the steps below:
- Your user name will now be your ABBREVIATED Connecticut College e-mail address. You will no longer use your full-name e-mail address to log in.
PLEASE NOTE: This change in user name only applies to those students who entered Connecticut College before fall 2014.
- If you are a new or transfer student, your user name will be the email given to you by the college.
- Your Password is your Student ID Number with an extra 0 at the beginning (i.e. 000123456)
Making Your DecisionStudent Health Insurance Plans offer tremendous value. Student Health Insurance Plans will typically have lower out-of-pocket costs (copayments, deductibles, coinsurance) than group health plans or individual plans one can find in the general insurance market or through your state's Marketplace and are offered at a lower premium. It may even be that the cost of 12-months of coverage for a student health insurance plan is less than the amount of an employer group's annual deductible.
If it is your intent to enroll in the student health insurance plan, it is strongly recommended you complete the online form as soon as possible. Doing so assures your student has access to benefits on the effective date of the policy.
If you want to waive the student health insurance plan, the form must be completed and submitted by the deadline date indicated or the student will be enrolled in and billed for the student health insurance plan.
Before you make the decision to waive the student health insurance plan we strongly suggest you read the "To waive or not to waive" and the "Value of Student Health Insurance Plans" section on this web page. These will provide valuable information to help make an informed decision regarding your health insurance options.
Quick Points To Consider
- Make sure your current plan will cover your son or daughter while at school for care beyond emergency services - doctor's office visits, diagnostic testing, x-rays, prescription drugs, mental health visits, etc.
- Check to be sure your current health plan's provider network includes doctors and hospitals near campus.
- Look at your plan costs -- is the annual cost of the Student Plan less expensive than the cost of having your son or daughter as a dependent on your plan. Be sure to compare deductibles and total out-of-pocket costs, not just the annual premium.
- Are there administrative pre-requirements, pre-certification, or Primary Care Physician referrals required under your current plan that may delay receipt of care for your daughter or son
If the decision is made to waive the student health insurance plan it is important to have a copy of your current health insurance ID card and a description of your plan's benefits readily available as you will need this information to complete the waiver form. When the form is completed and successfully submitted, a reference number will be received which confirms the form has been completed. The student will also receive the reference number by a separate email.
Connecticut College and Gallagher Student Health reserve the right to review submitted waivers and verify students have active and comparable coverage in the plan they declare on the form. If the waiver is selected for review the student will be notified via either communication from Gallagher Student Health or Connecticut College.
It is the goal of Gallagher Student Health and Connecticut College to make sure all students have access to medical care while they pursue their academic endeavors. Regardless of your decision to waive or enroll in the student health plan we wish you and your students a healthy and safe academic year.
The Application Period for the 2016 Health Careers Scholarship Program is now CLOSED (as of 5/7/2016).
Notify Me When the 2017 Scholarship Application is Released: